Kennen Sie das
Sie müssen, können oder wollen im Projektgeschäft überdurchschnittlich wachsen? Ihre Projekte werden immer größer? Ihre Kunden fordern von Ihnen nicht mehr nur Produkte und Systeme, sondern immer komplexere Gesamtlösungen? Und immer häufiger auch die Übernahme der Generalunternehmerschaft? Es fällt Ihnen immer schwerer, Ihre Profitabilitätsziele zu erreichen? Auch, weil zu viele Ihrer Projekte in Schieflage sind? Und Ihr Projektcontrolling und –reporting liefert einfach nicht frühzeitig aussagekräftige Informationen, die Sie zur Steuerung des Projektgeschäftes benötigen?
- Schnelle Situationsanalyse mit konkreten Verbesserungsvorschlägen
- Systematische gemeinsame Entwicklung der Projektgeschäftsstrategie
- Management oder Coaching der Projektgeschäftstrategieumsetzung
- Planung und Implementierung eines nachhaltigen Governancekonzepts
- Interimsmäßige Bereitstellung von Schlüsselkompetenzen
You want to manage your projects successfully or want to bring a project on track?
Profitable Project Business
You must be able to or want above-average growth in the project business?
Efficient Project Organization
We make your entire organization fit for managing projects!
You don‘t see the best project managers and experts in your project? You plan to start your project with the best setup from the beginning? Your project is not running as expected? Milestones and budget are at risk?
Our expertise for your project!
• experienced project managers, program managerns und crisis managerns
• Experts for risk management, controlling or PMO
• Coaching and training of your project managers
• Coaching and training of your teams
• Project Health Checks
• Project review/audit
With the help of our experienced partner, we bring your project back on track and help you set it up properly. Our project managers are familiar with risk management, change management and control of internal and external employees very well. We will help you to solve short-term resource problems and to occupy key positions correctly in your project.
You must be able to or want above-average growth in the project business? Your projects are getting bigger and your customers require you not only products and systems, but more complex solutions? And, increasingly, to take over the general contractor? Now it falls to you harder and harder to achieve your profitability goals, partly because there are too many of your projects into trouble? And your project controlling and reporting provides just not early meaningful information that you need to control the project business?
We optimize your project business!
• Through a situation analysis with concrete suggestions for improvement
• Systematic development of the project business strategy
• Management and coaching of project business strategy
• Implementation of business development through sales to settlement
• Planning and implementation of a sustainable governance framework
• interim provision of key competences
With our project business experience, you are quickly able to fully grasp your specific situation and to plan the most important lever for introducing improvements. This means involving all key personnel and organizational areas - also nationally and internationally.
The expectation in companies to realize an ever larger number of projects simultaneously and with the highest priority is continuously increasing. Resource scarcity leads again and again to schedule and budget overruns. Conflicts between line and project are the result. In addition, responsibilities, whether executive or employee level, often not well defined. So there are problems in cooperation. And even worse, there is a negative customer feedback.
We make your entire organization fit for managing projects!
• integration of project, program and portfolio management
• introduction of standards and process models
• integration of project and process management
• promoting a project compatible leadership concept
• the development of appropriate project management skills and career path models
As part of a comprehensive assessment, we show what skills your organization should possess to projects, programs and portfolios to manage successfully and effectively. Based on this, we work with your key people, built a customized organization approach to improving the current situation in project management. In the implementation we are both: a consultant/coach and interim manager.
„Complex challenges need customized solutions. Therefore, we regularly work together with TCI.“
Dr. Hubert Staudt, CEO, top itservices AGMore
top itservices, leading german IT & Engineering recuiting and HR service provider with 30 years of success. At ten locations in Germany top itservices AG is managing 700 projekt workers and provides access to 85.000 experts. Based on this, top itservices AG is able to identify trends in the IT services & engineering market and to provide top level experts.
TCI consultant support the business transformation process of top itservices AG since 2012.
20plus years of experience in global project businessMore
Quarterly Review of the divisions in the board meeting: the chief controller reports: all client projects in the new field of business customer solutions soft negatively on their budgets and forecasts show no trend. The HR manager reported that none of the internal tender for project / in, both for client and internal IT projects that could be occupied as unskilled applications templates. The actually desired applications are failed because under their hands, nobody could imagine to build in his career by a project manager. The introduction of new processes and SAP implementation must therefore be postponed. Last explains the production manager that the release of the new production plant delayed because the necessary permits from the city were requested by the project too late and also the supplier delivered the wrong parts due to missing requirements.
This situation is not an uncommon scenario for entry TCI consultant. And so there is this also a proven approach, which is described below roughly. Phase 1 aims to identify the main options for short and medium elimination or reduction of deficits. The first step in this process is a structured rapid diagnosis, which operates the causes of these deficits out. Methods used are checklists, interviews, short-audits of operations or quality management documents, project plans, numbers and, if necessary, brief conversations with customers or suppliers. Practical results are a "sober" report, the policy options can be developed to the cause-effect chains by which. In our standard model for business transformation, we call this first phase "Envision". The present drought information can still not safe analysis. However, the following relationships confirmed:
• The relevant project planning was often made by sales representatives, on the one hand, underestimated the complexity of the project and expressed their worries of not reaching their target rate when ansetzten higher costs and prices
• The existing project managers had too much to do with crisis management and did not have enough time and opportunity to share their experiences with new projects in the distribution phase
• The management of the business unit, the originality and complexity of the project business had underestimated - it was so far grown very successfully in the product business.
In the 2nd phase of the identified options to work through planning more accurate and evaluated for their effect contribution relative to the use of resources (manpower or investment). The priorities of the fields of action and the coarse timing are determined together with the management. A so-called roadmap that takes into account the dependencies of the different storylines. The actual planning work will take place in conjunction with the key people responsible for this task fields. An important goal of participation, it is the service providers fully characterized (both content and emotionally) to mobilize (Phase 2 "Engage").
In our present case, the following priorities were identified:
• To professionalization of the procedure in the project business a customer project management was to develop manual, accurate and complete as far describes the processes of distribution through processing to decrease or hand-over in the company, which involved the roles and responsibilities in the processes roles and functions clarifies and defines the project control, control, governance and reporting requirements.
• Planning for the division was to be revised to take account of both the resulting situation into account and in particular provide a well-founded on the experience more realistic medium-term overall planning. This should in particular identify the apparent increase in expenditure for the professional management of the project business.
• In a communication and training program well over 80% of sales, project business professionals were on the new and more binding nature together trained to work and "sworn in". Involved were all the staff of Finance & Administration commercial, which were assigned to the project business.
• To the dilemma of unoccupied Project / indoor roles (PL) to solve was agreed with HR to check the positioning and compensation related to the PL and at least partially conform to higher requirements. Incurred in connection with the customer-PM-manual versions of the new customer-PL-role descriptions were used as basis. The requirements for these roles are more complex than those of the internal or technical PL, and indeed come to tasks such as sales support, customer contract negotiations, commercial / legal contract management, and much more.
In the 3rd phase ("transformation") established the program / project plans were implemented. As a result promotes the high motivation of the designated project manager and their cooperation and permanent vote turned out. They all had indeed a major task manager as lines. Since all projects had cross-sectoral nature, increasingly improved understanding among themselves what einzahlte to better cooperation in the projects. The most obvious one could observe that in the cross-functional training programs provided to the customer's application-PM-manual, in which the current real cases had to be handled in practical role-playing games. Some PMs and their projects were not accompanied in the subsequent months of a so-called PM-coach; this was a regular basis by the project teams to reflect specific situations, and in finding and implementing solutions to specific page.
The clear structured reporting and regular project languages promoted the transparency of the projects with the effect that much more sober and more risks have been addressed and dealt with - it came as something of a deliberate and busy "peace" to the sources of fire.
With an official review this phase was completed formula, without the next round at the same time also usher in the "Optimize" phase. The course focused treatment of the topic also brought new insights and further suggestions for improvement. Among other things, it was suggested to promote project management as a pattern of leadership culture. Was planned revision of all management roles with respect to a clearer anchoring and professionalisation of project management, combined with a special leadership development module. Furthermore, it was decided to supplement the quality management to establish a compact enterprise project management office, so as to continuously increase the PM of the company. As an executive said: "The change will be a constant for us - we are driving change through our project ability".
Conclusion: Even if you find yourself only in some of the aspects of the company described: a conversation with TCI's worth it - we live projects!
CRM Migration with SCRUM
Strategic decision to migrate the CRM system from Siebel to SAP.
Service request- and catalogue management
Implementation of strategic project portfolio
Project Management Office (PMO)
King Abdullah Financial District and ICT-Industrial zone in Riyadh.
The leading German ICT Provider decided to change the CRM System from Siebel to SAP within 12 month.
• 4.500 users (including partners)
• 12 systems of business partners to be integrated
• Heterogeneous, international project team, variety of stakeholders, applications and cultures
• first SCRUM project for the client
• Implementation of SCRUM
• Migration of all former Siebel functions in SAP
• Integration of 12 Partner systems based on SOA
• International training concept
• Redesign and optimization of contracts for the international application development and application management
• new application management-, operations- and service model
Within this large Outsourcing project all network related services were transitioned, i.e. all standard services are provided as managed services with a generic, manufacturer- and model-independent service definition. All order processes for new services including catalogue have been designed and implemented.
• 14 countries, 170.000 orders per year
• Scope of services: WAN, LAN, Internet, RAS, Security, Office Telephony, Mobile, Conferencing, Collaboration, Call Center, Trading, Command & Control, Blackout Resistance, Email
• Detailed planning and coordination of the project between customer, Operational Integrator (OI) und suppliers
• Process design and implementation for Standard Requests, Non-Standard Requests und Project Requests
• Definition, internal and external coordination and negotiation as well as detailed development of generic catalogue service items including multi-supplier articles
• Definition, internal and external coordination and negotiation as well as detailed development of Service Request Management (SRM) and catalogue management processes
• Transformation of customer orders in production-ready orders for all identified production lines including assurance of billing
• Generic services defined according to contractual obligations and implemented in the catalogue in time
• Production lines, processes and triggers identified
• International service delivery concepts defined
• Tool architecture including migration roadmap designed
The large number of internal university projects requires a prioritization and efficient use of resources. So far there is no structured evaluation of proposals received and no transparent tracking of project progress
In addition to the portfolio approach for strategic projects and the other projects will follow the methodological approach in order to provide an optimal allocation of resources safely.
• 20 strategic Projects and 100 additional Projects
• Conceptualize a strategic project portfolio management (processes, decision criteria, tools, organization)
• Methods and tools for project application, processing, reporting, risc management
• Installation of an expert team for project work
• Conceptualize and pilot of change management process
In most Middle East countries large infrastructure development programs are in place. These nations take the opportunity to consequently build also most modern ICT infrastructures. A concrete example is the establishment of as well a world class financial district as well as suburban dedicated to ICT.
Even though the Telecom Operator had strong capabilities to plan and implement very large technical expansion programs for his core network it recognized the shortage of skills and experience to manage customer / investors driven large projects.
TCI was chosen to establish the Project Management Office and to contribute through consultancy that project critical principles were understood and applied. It also was chartered to develop the program strategy with high emphasis on the alignment of the enterprise’s business strategy with the next generation ICT technology. Part of the team was then also fully responsible for the planning and control of the master schedule.
Benefits for the customer were not only that the highly complex program was managed well, but also that this project Office served as a living example for many other similar but smaller customer programs. A planned effect was also that the organization and many employees got the opportunity to “learn-by-doing” guided by TCI’s experienced consultants.
A leading Middle East Telecom Operator had restructured its overall organization with the objective to better serve certain market segments. One of the market facing business units (BU) had to focus on enterprise customers. One key challenge of this BU was to fulfill the rising customer demand for customized, integrated ICT solutions and services. The “old” organization was mainly focused on fulfilling mostly technical connectivity requirements.
TCI was chosen to help plan and implement the new service operations strategy, comprising a service portfolio including
• very technical product related classical connectivity services,
• newly marketed value added services, and
• new ICT project services.
Jointly with the new Management team a transformation program was planned and agreed. Major elements of this program were: refining the existing standard services processes with the goal of higher integration, efficiency and readiness for higher automation, the establishment of a Customer Projects Handbook, describing all relevant PM processes from selling through execution to hand-over to operation with roles and responsibilities cross-functionally, the set-up of much more customer and business oriented KPI’s, utilizing a modern integrated dashboard, and their integration into the job plans. Customized Learning programs for Managers and Project Managers plus transfer coaching laid the base for better organized work.
TCI’s very down-to-earth pragmatic approach helped managers and professionals to understand and apply the new processes and over time to develop a much better customer understanding and new way of interacting with customers. This led within a few months already to a significantly improved customer satisfaction and increasing retention business.
A leading North African Telecom Operator was facing upcoming competition through deregulation and a rising demand for more integrated and customized service solutions in the enterprise business. The organization within the Operator were known to behave highly “silo”-centric which made it very hard to meet customer projects objectives. TCI was called in on Board-level to improve the Operator’s organizational capabilities for better customer projects results.
TCI’s program proposal included
• the establishment of an Enterprise PMO directly reporting to one of the Board members with responsibilities such as PM Process ownership, PM capability planning, PM Learning programs and standardized Project reporting
• the establishment of a Project Management handbook, which was made binding for parties contribution to customer projects
• a PM Learning program as well for Line Managers as for Project Managers.
Accompanied by a set of cross-organization communication mechanisms like PM Community circles, PM Program Newsletter, Milestone events with strong attendance of Senior Management soon broke barriers between the organization boundaries and made it much easier for the Project Managers to achieve project milestones and objectives.